Are Your A Candidate for Laser Vision Correction in Chicago?
In order to be considered for laser vision correction you must meet a general list of criteria. Vision correction capabilities have come a long way since glasses and contacts but still not everyone meets the requirements. Below is the list of criteria that you should review before you meet with your doctor to discuss vision correction options:
- I’m nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism.
- My age is between 18-60 years (If you’re over the age 60, you may be a candidate if you’re free from cataracts. If you have cataracts, cataract surgery may be an option for you. Present day cataract surgery is also a refractive procedure, and it’s usually covered by insurance).
- My vision has been stable for about 1 to 2 years.
- I have no eye problems, no recurring inflammation that causes itching. (If you have eye problems, you may still be a candidate once your doctor assists you in clearing up the problem).
- I have no health issues that may affect my eyes (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis or diabetes that’s currently affecting your eyes).